Ratoath Senior National School
School Book Rental Scheme
The aim of a book rental scheme is to provide parents with a cost effective alternative to purchasing school textbooks. The success of the scheme depends on participants treating the rented books as if they were their own, thus ensuring that books are returned in a re-usable condition for pupils in subsequent years.
Terms of the Scheme
- The scheme is voluntary and is available to all pupils of the school.
- Annual rental: A rental charge per book will apply. Payment of the rental charge will secure the rental of the relevant text books.
- Workbooks do not form part of the scheme.
- To qualify for admission to the scheme, the application to join and relevant rental charge must be paid on the date(s) set for processing applications.
- Each parent / guardian will be required to sign a receipt for the books supplied and will be responsible for returning them in good condition at the end of the year.
- The books supplied under the scheme will remain the property of the school and may be subject to inspection at any time by a member of the teaching staff.
- Continued membership of the scheme is at the discretion of the Board of Management and the school principal. Any pupil found to be abusing, defacing or disposing of rented books will be dismissed from the scheme and will be required to supply their own textbooks for the remainder of their time in the school.
- Books supplied under the scheme may be new or second hand at the discretion of the principal and Board of Management.