The purpose of the Parents' Association (P.A.) is to provide the structure, through which the parents/guardians (parent body) of children attending the schools, can work together to provide the best education and school environment for the children. The P.A. work in partnership with the Principals, staff and Boards of Management to create this environment.
The P.A. is an important link between the schools and the parents, and acts as a support for parents in the school. Some of the key activities the P.A. are involved in, include:
- Keeping parents informed about school activities
- Organising parties for special occasions e.g. Celebrating Sacraments or Graduation
- Organising the Book Rental Scheme
- Reviewing school policies on request
The Parents Association Newsletter is issued monthly and keeps the parents informed about school activities and upcoming events. It is available through the schools websites, directly via email and is displayed on the notice board in the Junior School bike shelter. To receive the newsletter by email, please fill in this form or contact the P.A. by email.
How to get involved?
While all parents of children attending the schools are automatically a member of the P.A., elections are held during the Annual General Meeting at the beginning of the school year to appoint committee members.
The P.A. run lots of events throughout the year and frequently require additional help from parents. Parents who would like to help on an adhoc basis are invited to add their contact details to a messaging group and will be contacted when help is required.
The P.A. invites parents to share suggestions & feedback via email. If you are interested in becoming more involved please email the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
The P.A. is governed by and operates according to the principles laid out in the Parent Association Constitution
Committee Members 2017-2018
- Lisa Hennessy (Chairperson)
- Trisha Humphries (Vice Chairperson)
- Deirdre O’Reilly(Treasurer)
- Ann McConville (Vice Treasurer)
- Shena Ruane (Secretary)
- Sarah Wilson (Vice Secretary)
- Aisling Fleming (BOM Parent Nominee Jnr school)
- Paul O'Neill (BOM Parent Nominee Snr school)
- Elaine Lawlor (BOM Parent Nominee Snr school)
- Andrea Galvin
- Edel Grogan
- Sinead Hall
- Caroline Igoe
- Mark Whitbread